Saturday, November 22, 2008

loving Amman

I know, I know... It's still my honeymoon period with Amman and its people, but I must admit it is an extremely lovely honeymoon. Having only been here for 3 days, I do not know much of the city yet. But in contrary to how I imagined the city would be (size and all) from the maps I've seen in the net, I was surprised to realize that Amman actually is a relatively small city... with some of its rings only about 1-2 kms away from each other.


Amman reminds me of Baguio and Greece, because most of the roads are hilly, and all of the buildings are painted white. Talking about hilly roads, yesterday after church I realized the harder way why walking may not be the best eco-friendly solution to moving around... Unless you have super powerful legs and feet, riding a taxi to go places would still be the best option... hehe. Taxis are relatively inexpensive. From my place to here (Fitness First Mecca Mall), it is 540fils. In peso, that would just be 30-40 Pesos only. From my place to my church (that's 7th circle to Wadi almost 3rd circle), it's about 2JDs (140PHP). So it's either proximity of places and the size of the city in general, or the cheap taxi fares... =)

Last night, I went to Carrefour in City Mall, and I have to say that as far as my eyes are concerned, that's the biggest grocery I have seen in my life... It's like 5 floors of SM hypermarket. There is no problem getting my comfort foods here - that's one more thing I love. This morning i munched on buns with nutella... and Doritos, bow. hehe.

Anyway, got to go now... I hope the boiler is working now... otherwise, it's gonna be a cold day again in the apartment... grrrr...


No comments: