Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Guess who's back

i am back in the blogging arena. enough said. bwahaha.

there are a lot of reasons why people blog. in my opinion, the below are some:

  1. you have nothing better to do but blog
  2. you have no one to talk to and share your thoughts/videos/pics with - i mean, not instantly when you find the need for one(or more)
  3. and sometimes, as my friend christine simply puts it - "because there's a sense of relief in putting your words out there... those who care can read, and those who don't can ignore... in general, no one really gets hurt"

i guess for me, it's more of the number 3 than any reason else.

*****

living alone, and in China for that matter, has allowed me to master the art of snapping out of my boredom, depression, and at times even desperation. nope, i didn't even need self-help books. it is in my lowest of moments that i found myself tired of being lonely - and just like that, I am able to muster the courage and strength to get back on track. it is a continuous cycle, and that is simply just how it is going to be. when i will take my next bout i do not know, but i am ready... so bring it on..

*****

it is not hard to depress yourself when you live in China. not to mean anything negative (because it's me, not them, just to clarify), but when i arrived here, it was a struggle to understand and be understood. oh yes, baby, you can easily get lost in translation here. the first few months was survival out of body languange, and even now that i already speak the "essentials", i still find myself wondering if my words make sense to them at all. "wode laoshi gaosu wo, wode fayin shi hen hao, danshi wode shengdiao youshihou bu hao" [my teacher tells me, my pronunciation is very good, but sometimes my tone is bad - hahaha]. oh yes, it is not enough to know how to pronounce pinyin, one also needs to master the tones.

*****

in a "normal" week, i get 5 good days and 2 bad days. in some tad too unfortunate weeks, it's 4-3. cheap finds (and i mean it), heavenly-tasting foods, my nice condo (with 46"-in-the-sofa and 42"-in-my-room TVs), 90-peso cheesecake slices, and my Sat TV (which allows me to watch TV patrol every night), are some of the things that make good days. what maketh the bad days? i dare not start.. hehe...

*****

well, i am really happy to be back into blogging... now, more than ever, i shall feel good knowing that i am just few clicks away to my virtual confidant...

No comments: